Only virtual events will be considered for a sponsorship at this time. Programs that convene groups for in-person events are ineligible until further notice.
Eligible for Sponsorship
- One-day virtual fundraising events held by nonprofits.
- The costs associated with virtual formats to host one-day fundraising events.
- One-day neighborhood or community events held in New Haven, Hamden, West Haven and East Haven that encourage resident engagement. Sponsorships may be awarded to neighborhood or community groups as well as nonprofits.
Not Eligible for Sponsorship
- Requests for conferences and workshops are generally considered through the Small Grants process, not through the event sponsorship process.
- Walks, races and golf tournaments.
- Sponsorship awards will are available up to $2,500 per event.
- Applications for sponsorships are accepted on a rolling basis based on availability of funding. It is highly recommended that your organization submit a sponsorship application at least 60 days in advance of the event. Please note that this is a very competitive process which receives many requests. As a result, the sponsorship process is typically closed by September each year.