Social Media Rules of Engagement
We encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts and expect respectful dialog from the community.
Thank you for being a fan of The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven's social media channels. The Community Foundation participates in social media in order to engage individuals and organizations in our region and to foster discussion of issues important to our community.
We encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that The Community Foundation agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment. The person who posts a comment is solely responsible for the content of the comment.
While we encourage fans to share thoughts and opinions on The Community Foundation's social media pages, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner.
Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments made on our platforms.
However, we reserve the right to remove any comment. A comment will not be edited or modified to remove unacceptable content; the entire comment will simply be deleted.
A comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech (an attack on a person or group on the basis of attributes such as gender, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation);
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity;
- Defamation to a person or people;
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose is to sell a product;
- Comments that are off topic;
- Political campaigning or lobbying;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly;
- Other comments that The Community Foundation Communications team deems inappropriate.
All links posted as comments on The Community Foundation's social media platforms will be reviewed and may be deleted.Repeated violations of The Community Foundation comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from The Community Foundation's social media channels.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our monitoring capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to respond politely and ignore personal attacks and negative speech.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions